
gregory crewdson
God it's hot
This is quite pleasant
I could lie here forever
floating in a sitting room sea
I never did get around to
changing that ugly wallpaper
George is away again for the weekend
(supposedly on another business trip)
Just me here alone and wet
Maybe I'll get my own place
Without wall paper
An indoor pool and some gold fish
They say they make good friends
Ride a motor bike round Europe
at high speed in black leather
Gallop across the plains naked
like Lady Godiva
Run away with the circus
Get a job as a target
with the blindfolded blade thrower
I don't care if he misses
Who's that pounding on the door?
Oh,it's the plumber
I think either you got the prompt, or the prompt got you. It's been magic, and it's been real, as the old saying goes.
ReplyDeleteHa..I never get anything I'm supposed to,so it must have got me:) Thanks hedgewitch.
ReplyDeleteI love this...sitting room sea...and to lie contemplating your wallpaper...Great job!!
ReplyDeleteThis introspective monologue offers very real insight into the musings of a woman of a certain age, at a certain time of disillusionment. I get her,and I think you did a splendid job of this prompt.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your work on Real Toads.
ha...loved the twist at the end. This was fun :) ...and eww, I can only imagine the state of the water she is floating in!
ReplyDeleteI found your view interesting! The rant of your environment and the change wanted and needed to evolve~ Interesting I so wanted to see a fish swim by... :D
ReplyDeleteYep, I'm there with her. Full of fellow-feeling for my sister floaters. And who said, "change the wallpaper" just before dying? Someone famous...
ReplyDeleteOscar Wilde....
ReplyDelete