Saturday, 4 February 2012

Haiku Challenge from Saravana Kumar Murugan

DAY 29 Rose Wallis





Rose Wallis









Journey

a haiku journey
a friend dies in the leap year
her wake was today

i write these haiku
a way to console myself
for grief and the loss

of a dear friend Rose
her kindness charm and great style
was a joy to all

Day 28

Blog Name: De Novo
Tanka 5 7 5 7 7

De Novo again
starting beginning once more
new identity
enigmatic Cressida
a magnet for misfortune

she twiddles her thumbs
attempting a good tanka
it does not quite work
unfortunately for her
perhaps she should get tanka'd




DAY 27

the star of David
yellow,sewn on our jackets
were we that special?




DAY 26
Food For Thought

it may not seem much
at least we have each other
we are not alone

and who lives like this?
those who do not have power
to stop this horror

some suffer greatly
while others dine from gold plates
where is the justice?

there but for the grace
of God go I my dear friends
some are born lucky

DAY 25
Cult
3 5 3

Don't call me
I'm a cult guru
I'll call you

DAY 24
Dream Walks

Walk with me a while
to soothe my tattered nerve ends
I wish you were here

But on second thoughts
I am glad you are not here
I delude myself

I delude myself
once again ad nauseam
you're the kiss of death






DAY 23
The Joy of Giving
ABC
CDE
EFA

that cute street urchin
gave me a bracelet for free
i remember him

i remember him
that sweet young kid with nothing
he gave me a gift

he gave me a gift
he taught me humility
that cute street urchin

DAY 22

it was the big toe
framed by an ankle bracelet
that sparked hot passion

DAY 21
Dedication


i dedicate this
to china mate,china blue
china hot head you

so absent minded
altruistic eccentric
reclusive kind you

DAY 20
"Live out your imagination,not your history."
imagination
the key to discovery
satan's nemesis



DAY 19
Seasons

the rain does not stop
it's summer and La Nina
is having a ball

DAY 18
Famine

You die from hunger
We have strokes and heart attacks
To ward off hunger



DAY 17
Waiting

I am not waiting
for Godot. He is busy.
He left long ago

DAY 16
haibun

Sin
Those who are not naturally inclined to sin are in danger of becoming saints.
Saints have a reputation of not being much fun, are unpopular and are not socially
sought after.

Don't try for sainthood
Be wicked and subversive
You will have more fun



DAY 15
an old grubby ball
gives so much pleasure to the
street kids in the lane

garbage floating round
picked through used as little boats
sailing in the filth

to live with natives
is what i wanted to do
i've had enough

i want to be home
with hot water and clean streets
it's time to go home

34 comments:

  1. Belting stuff! Don't call me... You die from hunger... Don't try for sainthood... I could go on!
    Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy. It was not my intention to do all the months work in one sitting. However having attended a wake for a good friend yesterday I find hours of writing poetry more carthartic than visiting Johnny Walker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 15
    i want to be home
    with hot water and clean streets
    it's time to go home

    I can hear that ball crying!
    Well reported!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one.. I liked the idea of writing all together and keep it on one page..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your thoughts on the image.. Best way to write for that image..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha, those who are not wicked can be saints.. Loved your haibun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some terrific haiku here. You've finished them all! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. .Day 19: Ceaseless rainfall is so depressing!

    I wonder if you would consider turning off Blogger's word verification? It has become a huge stumbling block to many of us who have difficulty reading the contorted and shaded words. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with MMT. I never realize, after I leave a comment that I must scroll down and do the word verification. And thinking I've commented, I leave.

      Cressida, I can email you the step by step to turn it off. :-) Let me know. I did, on my blog.

      Delete
  9. I keep returning to enjoy your entries. Thank you for sharing.

    Day 19

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'the rain does not stop
    it's summer and La Nina
    is having a ball '

    ha ha.. Liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I knew how to turn off wv I would MMT. It would be easier for me to write a poem in sanskrit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can help you to turn off wv.. Thoughtful one for Day 10!

      Delete
  12. I am reading day 20 today - "satan's nemesis" strikes a chord. I enjoyed your other Haiku as well. I sense "a tongue in cheek" at times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Day 20: I wonder...

    According to an old biblical story, discovery/imagination was the nemesis of the people who ate the forbidden fruit...

    Imagine Pigeon Pie or Imagine Corn Soup Simmering

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMT..I don't think it was imagination that tempted Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. I have another explanation. Read my poem Adam and Eve ( August 2011)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How amazing this is...like a Christmas present. A joy to read! Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the dedication to your china mate..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Day 26: Luck, not justice, seems to hold preeminent power in this world...

    Instead of Food

    ReplyDelete
  18. Phew, just read through this post again, really enjoyed everything I read. Love this:
    Don't call me
    I'm a cult guru
    I'll call you

    Nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your haiku...very nice play to the form as well ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sense of humour on Day 28!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Day 28 - Such sweet and funny Tanka. I have enjoyed your special words every day of the challenge. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you to everyone.
    Thank you Ellecee ..this is what poetry is all about ..giving a little or a lot of one's self.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed each and every one of your lovely creations here..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for blessing your Haiku.. The results are out, Visit here to know who won the hearts of many people..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete