Thursday, 6 February 2014

Dream A Little Dream



dverse 


sitting alone
doing my knitting
bankrupted myself
buying all the tickets

no coughing
no phones
no rustling
no snoring
i'm living out my little dream

before they come and get me
i'm watching an opera in peace
for once in my life
without the person next to me
shifting around in his seat


no coughing
no phones
no rustling
no snoring
i'm living out my little dream


11 comments:

  1. ha. it is good to have those little dreams
    even if it is just for a little peace
    to enjoy the music.

    what cost of peace
    to bankrupt yourself
    lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool -- even the one pair of hands clapping in the theatre would have a neat sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that line 'bankrupted myself buying all the tickets'.....very good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well living a dream is always wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever, funny and musical. I smiled and thought about going to see the Van Cliburn competition with a friend who knit all the time to keep her hands supple and to provide afghans as gifts or smaller ones as baby blankets. We sat directly behind the jury. After the first contestant, she was asked to stop or leave as the clicks of her knitting needles through off the pianist and the judges. Small noises can still be so annoying apparently. I like that you'll be able have both. Thanks for the submission. I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poem especially these lines:
    "before they come and get me
    i'm watching an opera in peace"

    Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little slice of bliss. Wonderful poem, I love what you've done with the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "bankrupted myself buying all the tickets" <--- LOVE that. I can hear her bullish resolve coming through the simple lines.

    If I'm not mistaken, this is your first VisDare, right? Welcome to the family! Are you on Twitter, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete