Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Rejection

dverse

she had deliberated for months
hesitating procrastinating
finally
sending a note on a napkin
she knew it was a mistake
in age we understand
she had her answer
watching
as he read it bemused
crumpling it
in his beautiful hand
drowning it in
an unfinisned martini


12 comments:

  1. Rejection via napkin, yeah, that would piss me off alright.
    Is the complete lack of punctuation for a particular reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was there but was washed away with my tears:)

      Delete
  2. I once did that with a waitress who didn't speak much English. She took the note back into the kitchen for her coworkers to help her translate--then I heard them all cackling over it.

    I ordered another beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a waste of a good drink. And what a contemptuous gesture on his part.
    I wonder where this Rolls is parked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha..it's a poor man's Rolls. It's a Lagonda and does not belong to me:)

      Delete
  4. Ouch, that hurts ~ And as I was reading this, I felt like putting punctuation all over this ~ Smiles ~ Really enjoyed your comment on my blog ~ Sadly I couldn't fit banana in there somewhere ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. punctuation is there
    (in invisible ink)
    Sorry Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh...rejection hurts..but i love that she has been so brave...at least she knows for sure now and can walk on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oouch that was beyond cruel...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! I love napkin notes but never had them drown in martinis. Did I already write brilliant?
    Cheers,
    Mark Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  9. ouch. you tell a tight little story in so few words... i could completely see it, though... and feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh - bet that hurt - don't think punctuation (or the lack of it) matters...story well told.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete