Saturday, 28 January 2012

Miss Prufrock's Love Song

with apologies to T S ELIOT

should I comb my hair in waves
sip tea from china porcelain

should i sell the silver and my books
meditate and change my looks

should i spit out the butt ends
of wasted days of grieving
stop loving and stop pleasing

should i rinse my mind in salted blue
to remove all thoughts and agony of you

i hear the mermaids singing each to each
i know they will never sing to me

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, perfect, I want to borrow your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure T S Eliot would not mind you borrowing my words at all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sad the mermaids not singing to you is heavy...like the loss of magic to me...understandable a bit in light of what came before it...but still sad...

      Delete
  3. Don't be too sure! Sounds like mermaids singing in poem. My favorite line--should I rinse my hair in salted blue--

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cressida--I'm trying to comment but haven't been able to, so trying again. I think you've done a great job here with the Eliot. It's a lovely parody, but also fits your voice. K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite line also..should I rinse my hair in salted blue...except it is yours not mine K...and hilariously brilliant...I can't stop laughing...it never actually occured to me to join the blue rinse set:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how quirky yet with an underlying serious tone to it.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss P is more fiery than Mr - so yes, she should!

    ReplyDelete