because i have not been happy for a long time you allowed the sunshine to burst through the clouds peeling away the grey clouds presenting me with crystal clarity i hope you never stop doing this for me because without it I am lost
it's those last few lines that really nails this for me- 'without it/you- I am lost'- that is what makes this so beautifully sad- beauty in the power and strength of our relationships, sad in the suffering we go through- great poem
smiles...i like this much...we all need those people that will shine that light into our lives....
ReplyDeletefinding the sunshine through the grey is not easy. a hope-filled and lovely plea.
ReplyDeletePerfect!
ReplyDeleteyes, beautiful voices always bring the sunshine in
ReplyDeleteI am thankful to have someone who brings that clarity for me as well. Lovely piece.
ReplyDeleteits like "you are my sunshine"! wonderful!!
ReplyDeletethe poem is a contrast to the opera.
ReplyDeletewith blue skies and sunlight we are lucky
to live in such a beautiful world.
janet
I agree with all the comments so far... this is a piece of sunshine... lovely!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your lovely comments.
ReplyDeleteit's those last few lines that really nails this for me- 'without it/you- I am lost'- that is what makes this so beautifully sad- beauty in the power and strength of our relationships, sad in the suffering we go through- great poem
ReplyDeleteI really like this!
ReplyDelete