Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Charles and Will Chill

A collage poem and tribute to two great literary giants of all time Charles Bukowski and William Shakespeare.
dverse
I see you drinking at a fountain with tiny
blue hands, no your hands are not tiny
they are small and the fountain is in France

All the perfume of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand
where you wrote me that last letter
I loved you
like a man loves a woman he never touches
only writes to, keeps little photographs of

Do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe?
Some, Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps
Next time, take my left arm or a fifty
but not my poems

I'm no Shakespeare
I'm selling rhyme and life and line
and I sat there trying to explain
that I wasn't really a poet in the ordinary sense

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below
pretty soon everything was yawning
but as God said
crossing his legs
I see where I have plenty of poets
but not so very much
poetry

lost another reader
Camus
always
pissed
me
off
I lose 2 or 3
each week

when sorrows come they come not as single spies
but in battalions
fine
let'em go back to
Kafka


Sources:
Shakespeare
Macbeth
Hamlet
Much Ado About Nothing

Bukowski
An Almost Made Up Poem
To The Whore Who Took My Poems
I Am Visited By An Editor And A Poet
I liked your books
Paris

3 comments:

  1. How creative and very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha that was pretty frickin awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Frickin?' Is this an American euphemism for'fuckin'?

    Be unafraid of good ole unadulterated Anglo Saxon terminology on this site Brian...we prefer it:)

    ReplyDelete