Thursday, 18 August 2011

A Sometime Spring

the jasmin's blossomed
it thinks it's spring already
perfume of my youth

perfume of my life
morning glory and weather
gives me peace sometimes

because of shakespeare
because of italiano
because you're not here

because I travel
because I'm not here either
in mind or body

a flying dutchman
of the mind of the spirit
my home is nowhere

the price of freedom
weighed against alternatives
embraced with kind thanks







5 comments:

  1. Bravo! I enjoyed your poem very much, the phrasing is well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haikus always puzzle me, but you managed it really well and I loved the part about you not being there either. That inspires thought in my muddled mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! You have captured them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely haiku-- But they do seem interrelated. Thanks for participating today! xxxj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is truly marvelous. I was sucked right in with Shakespeare and Italiano, and then I fell in love with it when it came to 'i'm not here either' nice, nice, nice job!
    amy jo

    ReplyDelete